June 6, 2020

What’s Your Ideal First Date? – Humans of Gordon

Hannah Auten ‘23 - Staff Reporter

Mariva DeBorde ‘23

“As cheesy as it may seem it would be great to pack a picnic of sorts, maybe some fruits and some cheese, and go to the beach. Not to go swimming, but just to walk and talk. Something that our generation has missed is the point of a date, which is to get to know the other person, something you lose at the movies or an activity of that sort. And now this is the key: having some type of festival or event on the beach or somewhere nearby to go to afterwards in case you run out of things to talk about. Keeping busy during the date is crucial because if the conversation lags, you can talk about what you’re doing. Also, if you have to leave, you’re in a public place so there is an easy escape route. Like what you read? Go ahead and Boaz-k me out 😉 863-272-4321”

Katie Edwards ‘21

“Honestly, let’s do something we are bad at. Neither of us can cook? Let’s make a meal together! Never been bowling? Let’s try it out! Laughing at my own mistakes while someone makes the same mistakes is a fun, lighthearted way to get to know each other and learn something new!”

Jessica Mini ‘20

“He doesn’t bring me flowers, he brings me a bag of ice. We would get into the car, each opening our own doors. I will sit down in the back and I will take full control of the aux which will be at least seven feet long and I will play Deromt Kennedy. It’s 6:00 in the evening. Now we are at Kung Fu Tea in Malden, I am going to order a medium taro milk tea with bubbles. What does he get? He tells me to surprise him. I get him ice water. He should stay hydrated. Next stop, Walmart. We buy a loaf of sweet bread for only $2. Dining on a dime. Final destination, PetSmart. We look at the Geckos and the fish. He buys me one? We’re getting married.” 

Kwame Nkrumah-Ababio ‘20

“Basically I would want to go out to some place where there would be a good balance between focus and distraction, so we are not too distracted by what we are doing but also so there is an opportunity to be doing something in the background incase she or I can’t think of conversation. So, how would that happen? I would want to find out whatever she likes doing and going to do it.”

Be the first to comment